Saturday, October 10, 2009

My new love: Goody bags

My sister-in-law Anna, aka super runner,(Really, she came in fourth overall) managed the impossible today...



She convinced me to run a 5K.

I see that the above picture mentions a 5K walk, so I would just like to take this time to clear any confusion and say that I DID run. Thank you.


Below is Tracy, (Anna's sister-in-law) me, and co. at the finish line with our mini pumpkins they handed out instead of trophy's. I'd take a mini pumpkin anyday.


It was definitly worth it for the grab bag: TWO running shirts, pedometer, Hale Center Theater tickets and chap stick. Now that I know 5K's really aren't that scary, maybe I'll run a few more.

On the way home Shane said...next you can run a 10K!!! YEAH RIGHT is all I have to say.

10 comments:

Sariah said...

Good job!!!

malmfamily said...

yea Carrie!!! Careful, running can be addictive and before you know it, you'll be running marathons!

Traci said...

They really aren't that bad huh! I couldn't believe all the cool stuff we got!

Charity said...

Way to go!!! You are awesome :)

mountainmama said...

You did awesome Carrie! I am so glad you ran. 10k here you come!!!!

mountainmama said...

Carrie you make me sound like a rock star. Acutally I am not, I came in 6th place (overall women), not 4th....shoot. Thanks for the praise. But really you were the awesome runner. Way to do you 1st 5k.

J Black said...

That's great Carrie, way to go! I can say that and really mean it because I know how difficult and NON addictive that running is for Stotts!

Chandi said...

Way to go! I walked a 5K and I didn't get any goodie bags. Well, that's not true I did get a banana and a cup of water.

Jade said...

Good Job Care-Bear!

Daniel Ricks said...

Congratulations! Once you can get past that first mile or two, running is the best. Soon you'll be hooked!