Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My favorite cookie.

I realize pumpkin season is long over, but if you're like me and can't wait until fall to enjoy pumpkin recipes, you will forever feel a debt of gratitude towards me for introducing this simple and delicious recipe. I realize these cookies may not be for everyone because some people mistakenly think they don't like pumpkin:) but if you do like pumpkin (or even if you don't) these cookies are so mouth watering, moist and addicting that I guarantee these ingredients will be on your shopping list as often as milk, cheese, and bread- at least that's been my experience. I can rationalize eating a ton of these because they have no butter or oil and because pumpkins are high in nutrition. Here is the recipe:



2 boxes Spice cake mix, 1 large can of pumpkin (approx 29-30 oz can)2 cups Chocolate Chips
Mix well. Drop by rounded teaspoon full on lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake 350 for 10-15 minutes. Makes a ton!



See, couldn't be easier.

This recipe easily freezes as well. Just drop some cookie dough into an ice cube tray, wait about 20 minutes until they are frozen, then transer them all into a big ziplock freezer bag. I wish I had a picture of me enjoying them to really sell this recipe, but alas my camera is still broken.
Enjoy on my behalf!

5 comments:

wispy willow said...

Okay... I am definitely going to give this a try because EASY is one of my absolute, all time, favorite words in any and all languages. I'm going to let you know if I like them as much as I'm planning on liking them.

Thanks for the recipe.

Becoming Betty said...

Oh Yum! Those sound so good. I love the ice tray idea. I am part of a recipe blog do you mind if I made them and put it on the blog? Also I tag you in husband tag. Aunt Caryn gave me the idea to tag all my cousins and siblings, so just copy and paste the questions from my blog. Hey wanna go to Cherry hill this summer?

Becoming Betty said...

Sorry "becoming betty" is Jade

Becoming Betty said...

By the way that fireplace is AMAZING Shane! Good job! Sorry that I have left so many comments.

Chandi said...

OOOOhhhh!!!! My kids love pumplin chocolate chip breadl so I will definitly try these. I need to branch out with my cookies anyway. The only kind I ever make is plain old chocolate chip.